Mustela SEO Case Study
227+% Increase in the Number of Organic Sessions (YoY), 28,049+% Increase in SEO Visibility Score (YoY)
Founded in France in 1950, Mustela is a brand that specializes in cleaning and skincare products suitable for all family members, including newborns.
Today, Mustela products for mothers and babies are available in pharmacies and dermo-cosmetic stores in all developed countries around the world, including the USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan. Mustela is one of the industry leaders in Turkey and Europe in the field of dermo-cosmetics for babies.
The biggest challenge we faced was that the architecture of the website was not capable of fully responding to some of our actions on technical improvements. Here, we wanted to use our time efficiently and focus on SEO-related actions where we could achieve results faster.
Although the website is not an e-commerce site, more visibility in the queries of product types the brand offers was our top priority. Therefore, we aimed to enrich the content on the product detail pages in order to receive organic traffic from product queries such as nipple care cream, stretch mark oil, stretch mark serum, etc.
Our second priority was to position Mustela as a brand that answers all the questions mothers and mothers-to-be may have about pregnancy, skincare, child skincare, and baby care. Accordingly, we have reinforced the blog, Mustela Mag, with content that answers all the questions that mothers and future mothers may have. We focused on producing content about topics with high search volume, and providing the readers with all the information they need. In the content creation process, we adhered to the latest topics and user trends. For example, after the inception of the Coronavirus pandemic, we created content that targets the queries about pregnancy and coronavirus.
- 227+% Increase in the Number of Organic Sessions (YoY),
- 227+% Increase in the Number of Organic Users (YoY) * Comparison between data from 2019 and 2020.
- 28,049+% Increase in SEO Visibility Score (YoY)
* Comparison between data from the last day of 2019 and the last day of 2020.
- 584% Increase in Number of Keywords that Attract Traffic
- 647% Increase in Top 3-Ranking Keywords
- 831% Increase in Top 10-Ranking Keywords
* Number of keywords that attract traffic metric was determined by comparing data from the last day of 2019 and the last day of 2020, respectively.